August, 2022 – BLACKPINK, Jack Harlow, Lizzo and Måneskin are the next round of global superstar performers added to the must-see lineup at the 2022 “VMAs,” held at Prudential Center. BLINKS and music fans in Southeast Asia can follow @mtvasia and @VMAs on Instagram and Facebook as we bring you more updates and the most epic moments from the show. Tune in to the full show airing on the Paramount Network channel on September 2 at 6pm (TH, WIB), 7pm (SG, PH) and 8pm (MY).
- The K-Pop sensations will make their U.S. award show debut with a can’t-miss, first U.S. performance of “Pink Venom,” live on the “VMAs” stage. In 2020, BLACKPINK made history as the first K-Pop girl group to take home a Moon Person (“Song of the Summer”) and look to take home a second in the all-new “Best Metaverse Performance” category. Group member LISA is also the first solo female K-Pop star and Korean soloist to ever be nominated.
- Jack Harlow
- After last year’s unforgettable “VMAs” debut collab of mega-hit “INDUSTRY BABY” with Lil Nas X, global superstar Jack Harlow returns to the MTV stage for his first solo performance. Tied for most nominations this year (7), including two of the night’s biggest awards, “Video of the Year” and “Artist of the Year,” Harlow looks to take home his first Moon Person.
- The 10x nominee was first nominated in 2020 for “PUSH New Artist” and “Song of the Summer,” and again for “Song of the Summer” in 2021.
- Following a show-stopping debut with a massive mashup of “Good As Hell” and “Truth Hurts” in 2019, the multi-hyphenate star is slated for another epic MTV moment with a performance of “2 Be Loved” from her critically acclaimed new album Special. The 11x nominee is also up for four awards this year, including “Artist of the Year” and “Song of the Year.”
- Following a standout performance and”Best Rock” win at the 2021 MTV “EMAs,” Måneskin continue to spearhead a global rock resurgence and will now give their “VMAs” debut performance of #1 alternative hit single “SUPERMODEL.” The critically-acclaimed group are also up for two awards – “Best New Artist” & “Best Alternative” – making history as the first Italian act to be nominated in a main category.